Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dishes and Irony

Amazing the things you can remember when you are doing a simple household chore like dishes. Today, as I was slaving over the dreaded chore, I began to remember a past experience with Indian food. I laugh to myself as I remember it clearly. Many years ago, when my dad was a truck driver, he stopped in town with the plan of meeting my husband and going to dinner. He offerred Indian cuisine. I hoped for American food. Despite me, we went to an Indian restaurant. I'll never forget my disdain for the strange smells and odd-sounding background music. The pictures and statues of idols were so upsetting to me. Needless to say, I did not enjoy the food or the experience. I was a typical "boring" American. I liked my plain foods, not these strangley spiced dishes. Little did I know, that years later, I would face a pivitol point in my life and my relationship with my Father. The irony now hits me everytime we sacrifice to actually go back to that same restaurant. Life can be funny like that, especially when you lay down your will for His.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha. . . that happens at times and we wish we could turn the clock back and do it some other way.
    But that is life I suppose.
    As for the Indian food (and climate) I don't think any other country has such a variety to choose and enjoy from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that surely says so much!...nice visiting your space, enjoyed reading your posts. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete