Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snowy Day

Here I sit, munching on some mixed nuts, wishing I was planning my trip to Bangalore, India. Our Indian churches are having their annual conference, and my husband and I had high hopes of going. But, with a tight budget, and our current focus of paying off our debts, I am reluctantly thinking of the prospect of being stuck here. Not that I don't like where we live. It's a beautiful city that I've come to like. It snowed today, and so there is some pristine powder sitting in the yard. It's pretty, but I definitely feel like a fish-out-of-water, because I HATE the cold! But, as with anyone who has lived in Colorado knows, the weather will change. One day it's sunny and 60 degrees, the next day (or even evening) we are hit with a cold and snowy storm. Thus is life in Colorado. But on days like this, I especially wish I could go somewhere warm. So, I feel like I've been hit by a double-whammy! I am wishing I was going to India next week, and the weather is teasing me with freezing temps. I guess my one consolation and hope is that I will be there one day. Either for an initial visit or I will be living among the people that God has placed in my and my husband's heart. And the irony? I will probably miss the snowy, cold days of where I am now. I wonder how hot India really gets? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment